Wednesday, November 13, 2013

In My Fridge


First of all this is not my refrigerator, but it's close enough. This refrigerator comes from this source.

I went back to the NaBloPoMo prompts for today's post - in fact this prompt was for yesterday, but it sounded fun. The prompt was: "Name five things inside your refrigerator right now and how you feel about them." OK then.

Here are my five items - in my refrigerator this very moment:

Trader Joe's Caramelized Onion Dip - I just bought this today. I've had it before and it is *so good*! I mean, I'm an onion dip fiend, but this onion dip is made from caramelized onions, so it's sweeter and better because, well, caramelized onions! It's low carb, so when I dip low-fat mozzarella cheese sticks, it's diabetic-friendly.

Left Over Plain and Fancy Meat Stew - This is one of my favorite slow-cooker dishes. I got the recipe over 10 years ago from an online forum about the book "Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood" and it's been part of my "rotation" ever since.

Vita Herring in Sour Cream - Love this! It's chunked herring in an onion sour cream sauce. Even though it's sour cream, it's actually kind of sweet. My father used to love this too, so we would share this while we watched movies on the VCR. It's one of the many foods to which my father introduced me.

Heinz Ketchup with Real Jalapeño - This is a new-found delight for me. I have historically not liked jalapeño stuff, but for some reason, I really like this. I use it on all sorts of stuff - scrambled eggs, Cuban tamales, even on hot dogs. It has a kick to it but isn't painful in my mouth like other jalapeño sauces. Yum.

Angry Orchard Elderflower Hard Cider - I love hard cider, but this one, not so much. I don't like beer, so since I discovered hard cider I've been hooked. It works when beer is the natural pairing for food. I like both dry and no so dry ciders, but this one is too flowery. It doesn't pair well with food and isn't tasty enough to drink alone. I bought a six pack months ago and there's one left. I wonder if hard cider goes "skunky" like beer does.

So now, you tell me about what's in your fridge...

No comments:

Post a Comment