Friday, November 8, 2013

The Rainy Day Friday Lola Shuffle

It's not actually rainy...it's gray and blah.  Let's see if Lola can shuffle us up a brighter day...

Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley - While Leonard Cohen's classic is beautiful, it's certainly not cheery.


Jungle Love by The Steve Miller Band - Hop on the way-back machine with me, let's go back to 1977! This is a fun song - Jungle love. it's driving me mad, it's making me crazeeeeeeee....


This is How a Heart Breaks by Rob Thomas - Great song! I love Rob Thomas' voice, and pretty hot as a bonus. These lyrics are so good and the pacing adds to their anger and desperation.


Big Rock Candy Mountain by Harry McClintock - This is from the phenomenal soundtrack for "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" It's sounds like a sweet little song, but listen to the lyrics!


Angie Baby by Helen Reddy - Whoa...again  not the happiest song in the world and pretty creepy! "You're a little touched, you know, Angie Baby...". I found this weird little cartoon for the song. Enjoy!


So Lola wasn't in a sunshiney mood it seems. Oh well, there was some good stuff I hadn't heard in a while.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment