Monday, November 12, 2012

SEX SCANDALS! How much is too much?

Today while I was watching the news there were THREE stories in a row about sex scandals.  

Of course there was the Petraeus debacle, something having to do with BBC, and the Elmo guy. REALLY? The Elmo guy has a sex scandal?  

You know I'm all about freedom of the press, and an informed public and stuff, but really, sometimes I just don't want to know. I don't need to know about General Petraeus' indiscretions. If there wasn't a security breach, it's none of my business.

Blah...it's just so disheartening. Here we are on the brink of a new four year term for President Obama, there appears to be  the possibility of maybe the Republicans working with the Democrats to get stuff done - yet the news networks are dedicating HOURS to the sex.

I miss Walter Cronkite and Peter Jennings and the "dinner hour" news. Maybe 24/7 news is too much news.

No comments:

Post a Comment